Pages

12 February 2008

New Song - "Thirty Below"



About this song:

I'm so thankful for winter here, even when it's feet upon feet of snow and thirty below zero. Boots crunching through the snow, I look around and all I can think is that-- in just a few short months-- all of this snow will be green grass and flowers, flip flops slapping the sidewalk. And I feel so lucky to live in a place that can be beautiful in so many different ways.

===

Thirty Below

Two feet of snow and it's thirty below
But all I know
Is all I can see is snow for miles and miles
But in a few months it will be green grass

Dogs playing in the park
Birds singing songs about love
And little children on their bikes
Ice cream drippin' off a cone
And skirts swirling 'round my calves
And I've maybe got a tan

Birds singing overhead and
Singing songs about love and
Maybe I'll fall in love, too

At least once a day I find myself
Walking down the street
And I've got a smile on my face
And I don't know why

It's times like these when I wish
I was a religious person
So I'd know who to thank
Instead I just send up a thank you
Like a birthday balloon
And hope that someone catches it