Pages

01 February 2009

New Song: Paper Weight

Dudes, my last post was two months ago. That is not OK.

I guess I haven't had much to say, musically-speaking. I've been so focused on writing that I've barely touched my piano. But here's what's been up in Mixtapes Land since last we spoke:

  • Found out I earned a grand total of 28 cents in royalties last year. DRINKS ON ME, Y'ALL. In other news, I won't be quitting my day job anytime soon.


  • My song "Come Around" hit the T61 homepage for the... third time? Fourth time? It happened out of nowhere and I was pretty psyched.







  • February Album Writing Month (FAWM) is back!

    I'm not sure how active I'll be this year, given my busy writing schedule and the fact that I share a house with very thin walls with four other people, but I did start my first song today.

    Here's a thirty-second clip:



    paper weight

    you're my paper weight
    without you
    i might just float away


    This is the first time I've really sat down and played in a long time and my voice sounds a little rough. But progress!

    Speaking of progress, you can follow mine HERE.


  • My friend LK is learning embroidery and she made a sweet tea towel for me for Christmas. I'm basically obsessed.



    Can we just talk about how cool that is?


  • I've been listening to the new Bon Iver album non-stop for the past few weeks. I definitely recommend it!


And that's all the news that's fit to print.

Stay warm, peeps. Spring's just a few months away...