Pages

15 November 2010

I haven't had a night at home in almost two months. I've been going and going and, like the Energizer bunny, eventually my batteries ran out.

Thursday afternoon, I went home from work with a cold. For the next four days, I watched back-to-back episodes of Law & Order and I did not take a shower. Today is Monday and I need a hair cut.

It turns out that four days on my lonesome are just what the doctor ordered. I feel more myself than I have in some time. Canned chicken soup has psychological benefits, I guarantee it.

In addition to watching more Law & Order than anyone ever should in one sitting, I finally buckled down and taught myself the ukulele. And by 'taught' myself, I mean I can play five chords, badly.





I am uploading this video as the OFFICIAL RECORD of my first ukulele cover. I'm rotten at chord changes and I haven't quite figured out how to strum. Someday, when I'm a ukulele virtuoso, we can all look back and laugh.

p.s. The song is "Almost Lover" by A Fine Frenzy.