Pages

26 February 2011

Three New Songs: Amelie, 1996, My Jacket

Three new songs for February Album Writing Month! I've got 5 more to go in the next 2 days. I don't think I'll make it!





AMELIE

Amelie,
the world is wide for you,
for you.

Amelie,
just cause you can go
don't mean you have to.

Amelie, don't leave me,
this empty house will undo me.

Amelie, don't leave me,
these ghosts of ours, they fool me.






1996

We drove around the world
in your beat up Chevy blue
and I could have sworn
that I was in love with you.

We didn't have a tape deck
or a player for CDs
but we had the radio
and that was good enough for me.

We had all the hits
of 1996.







MY JACKET

Do you remember
that party out of town?
Do you remember
how we laid my jacket down?

We made love in a field
beneath the glittering stars,
but do you remember
what we left outside of your car?

My jacket,
it was the loveliest green.
My jacket,
it fit me like a dream.

Of all the things I lost
when I lost you,
I miss
that jacket.