Pages

09 June 2008

New Song - "Something to Humble Me"

Awhile back, I uploaded my songs to a new music-sharing website. And then promptly forgot all about it.

I thought to check my profile last night and I discovered that someone has written an absolutely glorious review of one of my songs:

'Smoke Signals' (Mixtapes & Meltdowns) is almost a modern day 'Brand New Key' (Melanie) with the vocal reservation of recording in the shared bathroom of a crowded apartment building ~ late at night. Charming and honest.

I've never had the guts to sing karaoke, but 'Brand New Key' is the only song I've ever seriously considered singing, so I'm particularly delighted by the comparison.

===

Also: New song!



Something to Humble Me

Lately I've been hearing voices
In my dreams
Telling me stories
About who I'm supposed to be

I've been taking chances
and I've been looking all around
There's gotta be something
Bigger than what I've found

Maybe I need something to humble me
'Cause I haven't fallen but I've stumbled plenty
and I don't know what's stopping me and--

Maybe I need something
Maybe


===

In other news, holy CRAP am I obsessed with Freddie Stevenson.



Isn't he charming?