Pages

17 July 2008

New Song - "Come Around"

I dragged home a beat-up old keyboard from a junk shop last week and it's basically taking up my entire bedroom right now. I'm considering selling my bed to make more room for it.

===

After a month-long hiatus from music-making, I finished a new song today. It's good to be back.



About this song:

I don't know when it happened, but I somehow slip-slided from "all of my friends are single woooooooo!" to "all of my friends are getting married whaaaaaaaat?"

And before I could fully settle into engagement rings and wedding showers, the conversation turned to teething rings and changing tables. I'm beginning to worry that I've missed some significant boat here.

My Roommate. How old are you?
Me. Twenty-six.
My Roommate. Oh, ok. When I was 26, all of my friends were getting married, too. Now I'm 28 and they're all getting divorced.

Oh, god.

Joking aside, I feel really fortunate to be surrounded by people who are in amazingly balanced, loving, healthy relationships. It inspires me and it gives me hope.

===

Come Around

Change is comin' round
Something's up and I feel down
I don't want to stop
I just wanna slow it down

Mortgages and diamond rings
When did we learn about all these things
Life is long, or so I'm told
It's a shame we spend it growin' old

And I ain't comin' round
No, I ain't comin' round
So, if you want me
You will have to come on down
Come on down

There's a heaven for those who wait
But waiting's a big mistake
Or so I'm told

'Cause those big, old pearly gates
They won't open if you're too late
Or so I'm told

CHORUS

Wanna tell you
(Been wanting to tell you)
We've got so much time
So let's just slow it down

Toes in the grass
And watchin' the sunset
From the tallest tree
Sounds alright by me
We've got so much time

CHORUS

Life is short but that's ok
We just live it day by day
That's what I say

CHORUS

Been wanting to tell you
We've got so much time