Pages

06 August 2008

For Your iPod: September 29th

Enough about me, let's talk about someone else.

Specifically, I want to talk about the artist who calls herself September 29th. She lives in Italy and she is 25-years-old and she is amazing. Her voice is equal parts ether and steel; her lyrics a poignant blend of poetry and madness.


First, let's talk about this song that I love. It's called "Meditation Upon the Perfect Word" and it is painfully beautiful. I can't stop listening to it. You should listen to it, too.



And I understand
That what's good is the Prelude
To what's bad
And what's sad is a path
Towards woods of Joy...


Holy crap, y'all.


She also makes these incredibly rad music videos that I kind of cannot even handle. This one's called "Heavy Times" and it gets better every time I hear it.



Broken hearts, windows
Widows, cigarettes,
Global warming,
Global warning
We're getting used to living
In these Heavy Times.


This next one is a cartoon. The reason for watching it should be obvious.

The song is called "Legend".



You are leaning on the window sill
The Moon is pale,
Looks ill.
And up there, on the barefoot hill,
The dogs are barking to the ghosts.



You can visit her website here and check out more of her songs on thesixtyone or on her myspace page. You can buy her album Herald of the Morn here for $10, including shipping.

===

I'm hoping to make these artist intros a regular occurrence on my blog. You know, for the ten people who read it. Hello, friends!